Suspended license

Driving on a suspended license is a serious criminal offense, not a traffic matter. Drivers who are charged with this type of case are prosecuted by the county district attorney. A conviction of this offense appears on your driving record and creates a criminal record. If you are charged with this violation, you need an experienced attorney from TicketWarrior. The law imposes jail sentences for many of these cases.

Our top-rated suspended license attorneys aggressively defend these cases. We work with our clients to reinstate their drivers license even before going to court. The courts may reduce a charge under Vehicle Code 14601 if the licensee was lawfully entitled to drive. If reduced, the driver can avoid a misdemeanor conviction, a criminal record, and points assigned to their driving record.

Many suspended driver’s license cases are caused by failing to appear (FTA) on a traffic ticket. Sometimes people have more than one FTA that causes license suspensions. We go the extra mile to clear up FTA traffic cases. We immediately work to get our clients license reinstated and the charge reduced to an infraction.

A DUI conviction will initiate a suspension unless immediate steps are taken after initial police contact with the driver. Additionally, driving outside of a restriction placed on a license or a DMV suspension due to a medical issue will trigger a suspension. If you are classified by DMV as a “negligent operator” or have too many points on your record because of traffic violations, you can lose your license. In many of these cases we immediately initiate an interview or hearing with the DMV to resolve the issue.

Many drivers get their licenses reinstated after the DMV hearing. These situations are covered by Vehicle Code sections 14601, 14601.1, 14601.2, or 1401.5. If you have prior convictions for driving on a suspended license, you could be facing a jail sentence. The number of prior convictions increase the penalty you may face.

Call TicketWarrior for a free consultation at (661) 322-5833. You will be glad you did.