Suspended licenses

Driving on a suspended driver’s license is a criminal offense, not a traffic matter. Drivers who are charged with this type of case are prosecuted by the county district attorney. A conviction of this offense not only appears on your driving record but will create a criminal record also. If you are charged with this type of crime, you need an experienced suspended license attorney. The law imposes jail sentences for many of these cases.

Our top-rated suspended license attorneys go many steps further than most traffic lawyers when we aggressively defend suspended license cases. We work with our clients to reinstate their driver’s licenses before we negotiate their cases in court. The courts are most likely to reduce the serious misdemeanor case of driving on a suspended driver’s license under Vehicle Code 14601 if the client is lawfully entitled to drive. This way the driver can avoid a misdemeanor conviction, a criminal record, and points assigned to their driving record.

Many suspended driver’s license cases are caused by failing to appear (FTA) on a traffic ticket. Sometimes, our clients have more than one FTA causing their license to be suspended. We go the extra mile to clear up FTA traffic cases to immediately reinstate our clients drivers license and reduce a misdemeanor to an infraction in some cases. Many driver’s licenses are suspended because of a DUI conviction or driving outside of a restriction that was placed on the license or a DMV suspension because of a medical issue. You can also lose your driver’s license if you are classified by DMV as a “negligent operator” or having too many points on your record because of traffic violations. In many of these cases we initiate action with DMV by immediately setting an interview or hearing with the DMV.

Many drivers get their licenses reinstated after the DMV hearing. These situations are covered by Vehicle Code sections 14601, 14601.1, 14601.2, or 1401.5. If you have prior cases of driving on a suspended license, you could be sentenced to jail depending on the number of prior convictions you have.